'Rust' Armorer Convicted: Involuntary Manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad George Costanza GIF

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on some of the testimony that I listened to, it sounds like they had just enough dummies for the gun belts to fill them once and after a few action scenes, many of those dummies went missing. She consulted with the Armory owner and told him that she was going to have to look around the set for the lost dummies. Pure speculation, but I f I had to guess, I’d bet she went downtown, found a box of live LRN .45LC ammo and stuffed the gun belts, thinking that she would be the only one to actually load the Firearms affording her enough control to avoid an accident . What she didn’t count on was the actors ignorance and an even more disrespectful attitude toward the equipment than she had.
There are verified reports some of the actors and staff were using the firearms for plinking out in the New Mexico desert with live ammo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say manslaughter, not murder. Doesn’t seem premeditated.
He will probably be charged with manslaughter, but in actuality, he had the final responsibility to verify there were no live rounds in that pistol as every gun owner does, that is handed a firearm by another.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Premeditated - The fact of thinking about or carefully planning to do something, especially a crime or something unpleasant.

So you are saying that it was Baldwin's intent to kill her.

Rules of firearm safety:

Never point at ANYTHING You do not INTEND to shoot.

Premeditated? Only he knows
Idiot? For sure
Guilty of killing her? Absolutely

Latest posts

Top Bottom