Rut Report?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NE Oklahoma last few times we've been out haven't seen any bucks. Plenty of does, but no bucks chasing or running them. We were seeing bucks, including a big 10 point that came in to my stand last week and they were really active with the does and with their scrapes. Seems like the rut is winding down for us here.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! I was wishing I would have had my bow instead of my shot gun. Tell your friend congrats on a great deer.

Neither of the two pics sent to me highlight the deer much, but a very nice deer from near Great Bend, KS.

Attachments

• DSC02328.JPG
    DSC02328.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 259

KBostian

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just posted a column and blog item on a hunter who scored in Kansas and then in Cherokee County on Nov. 13 and Nov. 16. Two really nice bucks in three days. He commented the rut has been going on for awhile in Cherokee, with "shallow bellied" bucks on his trail cams the past few days. His big buck Sunday was following a doe. I'd say the rut is on and deer will be active -- with localized hot or cold spots depending on individual doe numbers/cycles -- for the gun opener.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/outdoors

Okfuskee

New to the site!
Reaction score
Here in Northern Okfuskee county they are just now starting to chase i've called in 5 bucks in the last two days. Had a really nice 8 point come in this morning and i missed it twice

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Craig county-
appears to be just starting. does are running single w/o bucks chasing them.

couple i talked to today took a buck and said neck just starting to get big.

not much shooting on opening day where I was.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
it might be winding down north of the metro.only heard 5 shots yesterday morning and saw nothing.had 3 does come out at o"dark:30 yesterday evening.the wife and i are having coffee and headed back out.gonna put her in a stand that 144 inch buck was shot from last year and i'm headed to my favorite stand.good luck to all those going back out.

dlcooper75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Deer in Kiowa and Comanche County are very much in love. My brother and I have seen alot of chasing and he killed a nice 8 before dark yesterday.

If it's brown it's down.....haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom