S&W 622 (or 422, or 2206, or 2213, or 2214)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've long been intrigued by these semis, but had never shot one. My local had one the other day and since I had a little spare cash, I bought it.

Blind hog found an acorn. Took it out today and shot up a few rounds. It's a real keeper. It may wind up in my pickup. I had always wondered about the grip feel of these things and it turns out they feel a lot like a 1911.

By the way, that little nubbin at the end of the barrel is a barrel nut covering the threaded end of the barrel. I might find a use for that some day.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice find ronny, i had a 422 and the little brother compact 4213 i think? wish i could find another that wasn't 400! those are sweet pistols.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I probably wouldn't have sprung for this one at $400, either. Although, having shot it now, I might give it a second thought.

I did a little research on them and they come in blue, stainless and alloy; 3", 4" & 6", wood and poly grips; fixed and adjustable sights; 10 or 12 round mags, and I don't know what else. I'm led to believe there's a model with a vented rib.

Only weakness is no good attachment points for a scope mount.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see where Sooner State has a 2206 for $350. Could probably be bought for a little less. It looked like it had fixed sights, though, and is a 4".

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the adjustables are always a bonus. i don't think you did bad at all in that configuration. mostly what i see is the fixed sighted 4 inch at 400.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite pistols.

There used to be a guy on one of the auction sites that makes an adapter that replaces the barrel nut so you can run a can. With the tall slide it is a great platform for a can as you can still get a site picture.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom