S&W M&P .22 Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a fun gun!!! Ran about 400 rounds through it...a mixed bag of ammo. Had 2 ftf...slapped em back in and they both went bang. Shot outside and it was WAY too windy to shoot for accuracy, but had no problems ringing the 6" steel plate at 10 yards. Groups were all baseball sized.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a fun gun!!! Ran about 400 rounds through it...a mixed bag of ammo. Had 2 ftf...slapped em back in and they both went bang. Shot outside and it was WAY too windy to shoot for accuracy, but had no problems ringing the 6" steel plate at 10 yards. Groups were all baseball sized.

That's great! It is a really nice little pistol; I'm glad Santa Claus brought you one. Now check out that barrel locking thing for it at ewkarms.com; it's never going to be a "target " pistol, but that gizmo from EWK did help a little. It was only like $8.95 as I recall. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nephew recently bought a Walther P22; has had nothing but trouble with it; got rid of it. Now he's trying to get my Compact. Pestered me over Christmas dinner today. Fat chance.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My nephew recently bought a Walther P22; has had nothing but trouble with it; got rid of it. Now he's trying to get my Compact. Pestered me over Christmas dinner today. Fat chance.

LOL! My wife's best friend sure has liked shooting ours, so much so that she had her son buy her one for Christmas.Tell him they DO sell them in gun stores.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! He, of course, expects old Uncle Ron to make him a deal. And, no tax. Again, fat chance.

Aww c'mon now, make the lad a deal. He's your nephew fer Chissakes! Let him have it for say...$650 (what a deal) and throw in a box of 50 .22lr out the one of those many, Walmart bulk packs you got neckbearded away there!

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...this gun doesn't care for federal auto match. Fte every other shot plus the half of the next mag of hv bullets. Guess the chamber got dirty and cases would stick. That plus I am well over 600 rounds w o cleaning.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...this gun doesn't care for federal auto match. Fte every other shot plus the half of the next mag of hv bullets. Guess the chamber got dirty and cases would stick. That plus I am well over 600 rounds w o cleaning.

Try cleaning it then see if they will work is my suggestion. You need to see if it's really the ammo or if your pistol is just too dirty you know? Mine runs them just fine, but last week at the range, a guy shooting next to me had a bad batch of that Automatch; it wouldn't run worth a crap in any of three pistols we tried to run it in, but my box of the same brand, but different lot numbers, functioned just fine. Let us know please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom