S&W mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I bought a new S&W sigma .40 on tue. to add to the collection. Anyways, I since loaded the mags ready to take out and test and play with it this weekend and noticed after putting 6 rounds in the mag there is a rattle or a "clank" in the mag. You cant hear it till you put in the 6th round and it doesnt go away with a full mag. Honestly it sounds like a loose round moving around in there. Even worse its just as loud in the gun. So my question is, to all those sigma owners... is this common or what?? If so thats terrible. These are the 2 mags that came with the gun when I bought it if that makes a differance. Thanks in advance for any help...

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know about the Sigma as far as the mags go, but the 3Gen S&W auto's 59XX did this until you locked the mag in the magwell, then no noise.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep Mine do that on both of my Sigma's until they are locked in the gun then if they still do it don't notice. I have caried my 40 all summer and have't noticed it when I'm packing it. It does seem to be loose rounds banging around.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess I feel a little better knowing Im not the only one to experience this problem. Ive just never had a semi auto handgun thats done this and I dont really like it honestly. Has anyone ever got any aftermarket mags for the sigma and noticed this noise??

Latest posts

Top Bottom