S&W Model 30 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is any help, here is thread that I started some time back on my Model 30.

1625226211281.png

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, hate to disappoint some folks on here, but I did wind up buying it this morning. I guess to reward me for waiting and debating the site dropped it to $199. I figured there was no way I could pass on that. Even if I wind up having to refinish it then the total cost is well under what I've seen them sell for in better condition than this.

For reference (now that I can let the secret out) this was at Summit Gun Broker. Really good experience since Matt took over from Mark K who retired.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, hate to disappoint some folks on here, but I did wind up buying it this morning. I guess to reward me for waiting and debating the site dropped it to $199. I figured there was no way I could pass on that. Even if I wind up having to refinish it then the total cost is well under what I've seen them sell for in better condition than this.

For reference (now that I can let the secret out) this was at Summit Gun Broker. Really good experience since Matt took over from Mark K who retired.

Good find.

I checked their new site last week and didn't see anything of interest. I'll have to try digging into their site a little deeper.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inventory has been coming up slowly but surely. They're on my list of sites that I keep bookmarked and check often. If I have a few minutes to kill I click though and see what's there and sometimes come up with good finds.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

The small pits might be to much to fix with a reblue. Just clean it up as much as you can and enjoy it. Steel wool and oil followed by a good carnuba paste wax and it will live another 55 years like a champ!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did good IMO. I bought a NCSHP Sig 226 in .357 Sig from summit to add to my PD marked gun collection. I got the one that was dropped on the concrete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom