S&W model 63

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a model 63 kit gun. It is a stainless 22 long rifle revolver. My mom bought this back in the early 70s and I bought it off of her several years ago. I have had a bunch of 22s and this is by far my favorite. Just wanting to know if anyone else has one and if they like it. Thanks.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years the wife has owned a couple of them. She presently owns just one and really likes it. I find it a little hard to shoot accurately, but if you do your part, its a pretty accurate little piece. Built like a swiss watch.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00221.jpg

My preferred rimfires.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a model 63 kit gun. It is a stainless 22 long rifle revolver. My mom bought this back in the early 70s and I bought it off of her several years ago. I have had a bunch of 22s and this is by far my favorite. Just wanting to know if anyone else has one and if they like it. Thanks.

I have a really nice model 34 in the box circa 1988. The only thing I'd sell\trade it for would be a 63. Those things are a good time to shoot. I have a pre-model 18 as well and I think I prefer the J frame .22 for some reason.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to take a pic, but it says my file of 939 kb is too much. I do not know how to change it. If someone could tell me I would be thankfull.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
set digital camera setting to lowest resolution. which is usually VGA or
640x800 ... most PC monitors will not display much higher resolution anyways. so if shooting for web... always shoot at VGA setting.

I tried to take a pic, but it says my file of 939 kb is too much. I do not know how to change it. If someone could tell me I would be thankfull.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad had a kit gun in .22 lr when I was a kid. I thought it was nickle but now I am not sure. I sure would like to have one of them to take out and shoot.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be nickle instead of stainless. I will try to get some info on it tomorrow. I just like it. I will try to figure out the pics in the morning. I turned my camera all the way down to 1.8 mp and it was 373 kb and the page says it will only allow 97.7. I may have to take a pic with my phone and try it. Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom