Safety question on Hilton Garden Inn off Meridian by H and H gun store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd also suggest the Mustang Road and I-40 area. While the map doesn't show it, there is also a Home2 hotel there that (if I remember right) is a chain that has full sized refrigerators in them in case one wants to cook their own meals. We've stayed in a few Home2 hotels while doing our Summer work gig just so we can do our own meals.

We've also stayed in Hilton hotels in the past, but if they have done away with free breakfasts, we might have to change.
Home2 is my preferred hotel when I travel for work. Full size fridge, dishwasher, small cooktop, and a real kitchen sink. I can keep up with my meal prep stuff for the week and not end up binging on fast food the entire time I am out of town.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This kind of stuff is actually pretty common in that area now. One of my co-workers had his vehicle stolen while he was at work. They found it a couple days' later, in a hotel parking lot up the street with a couple of homeless guys passed out in it. They stole it so they would have a place to sleep because it was cold out.

I guess we're only as safe and we "think" we are.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A funny motel story. We went to Sequoiyah National Park in California years ago. we got to where you turn off the interstae highway at Tulare, California, it looked like a migrant farm worker town, to go east to Sequoiyah Park about dark, and planned to get a room. I went to this motel, the desk clerk was behind bullet proof glass, this should have been a clue, but we were tired and just got a room anyway. We pulled to the back, all the rooms were facing the inside of a horse shoe type parking area. There were several signs stating if you get short it's not our fault, disclaimers, the room had three dead bolt locks, and the door looked like it had been kicked in several times and repaired, I had two pistols with me, and made sure they were seen when we unloaded the luggage, this was before Califiornia got so strict on gun laws, I think? We moved furniture to barricade the door, and located an escape window in the bathroom. and slept with guns close at hand! WE survived the night! The moral of this story is, if you see bullet proof glass around a desk clerk, go on down the road!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have stayed at the comfort Inn next to the waffle House multiple times over the past couple years and have never had an issue. Course I drive an 18yr old kinda beat up car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom