Sample letter to my bank about gun buster signs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After passing open carry laws my bank posted "ALL FIREARMS PROHIBITED" sign. I have talked to the president and he said if I can write a letter he'll present it to the board. Their major concern is open carry - they don't have a problem with properly concealed. I have been carrying concealed till the signs went up.

Does anyone have a sample letter I can take to them to change the signs to "No Open Carry" or something like that?

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Re: Sample letter to my bank about gun buster signs.

Just leave it concealed. You said yourself they had no problem with it. Who cares what the sign says...

The reason it matters is simple.

Lets say nothing happens in the bank. Then it doesn't matter if you have a gun, open, concealed or no gun at all.

Lets say you are in the bank when a person bursts into the bank high on meth and executes a bank teller before demanding one of the survivors get him a million dollars and he'll kill a mother@#$%ing customer every minute until his demand is met.

The sign said you cannot carry, but you did and you pull your gun and fire in self defense, Mr methhead is crippled but lives.
The bullet passed through the methhead and injures or kills an employee of the bank or another customer.

You can be sued, because the immunity you get from the self defense act only applies if you have the legal right to be there.
You violated the banks right by carrying into a location that forbids it.

Even if you manage to avoid criminal charges, you could easily lose $100,000 in attorney fees in civil actions and that doesn't count damages if you are found liable by a jury of 6 or 12 people not smart enough to avoid jury duty in the civil cases.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason it matters is simple.

Lets say nothing happens in the bank. Then it doesn't matter if you have a gun, open, concealed or no gun at all.

Lets say you are in the bank when a person bursts into the bank high on meth and executes a bank teller before demanding one of the survivors get him a million dollars and he'll kill a mother@#$%ing customer every minute until his demand is met.

The sign said you cannot carry, but you did and you pull your gun and fire in self defense, Mr methhead is crippled but lives.
The bullet passed through the methhead and injures or kills an employee of the bank or another customer.

You can be sued, because the immunity you get from the self defense act only applies if you have the legal right to be there.
You violated the banks right by carrying into a location that forbids it.

Even if you manage to avoid criminal charges, you could easily lose $100,000 in attorney fees in civil actions and that doesn't count damages if you are found liable by a jury of 6 or 12 people not smart enough to avoid jury duty in the civil cases.

Do you write romance novels too?

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A debater commits the Ad Hominem Fallacy when he introduces irrelevant personal premisses about his opponent. Such red herrings may successfully distract the opponent or the audience from the topic of the debate.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't care for signs much myself - but I have a business relationship with the bank. I build all my business and personal relationships on trust and mutual respect. If I don't respect their policies ... how can I trust 'em?

Latest posts

Top Bottom