San Francisco Considers Legal Protection for Criminals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

People need to learn that there are consequences to our actions, and some of those are lifelong. From a criminal record for a night of drunken carousing to lifelong sores on your peepee for a one-night stand. Parents are failing their children left and right in this country and THAT is what we can thank for the hole we have gotten ourselves into from a moral and social standpoint.

If you want your kids to grow up better, you'd better be damn willing to spend the time and edumacate them about consequences....

I heard my son squalling the other day from the other side of the house. I comforted him and helped him get over it, then we talked about why it happened. He bonked his ginormous melon on the doorframe... why? Because he was running in the house... Explained that if he had been doing what he was told, that wouldn't have happened. It starts early, and it never finishes. We continue to learn about consequences for the rest of our lives. At least, we should.

Don't complain that no one will give you a chance... MAKE your chance. This is America.

My step-father did 2 stints in state prison on drug-related offenses. When he got out, he stayed out, he worked his arse off in those menial jobs they give felons. Now he own 2 retail stores and lives in a 2-story house with a pool.

It CAN be done, you just have to be realistic and know that you have extra hurdles to overcome because of your mistakes in life.

Of course it can be done. Anything can be done.

I'm not complaining, and I'm not talking about me, your son and certainly not peepee sores. I have no criminal record. I was well aware of the consequences and did what I could to avoid making decisions that could haunt me.

Your step father aside, a felony, or even a misdemeanor, can follow a person for years and years. It's not so much that I feel bad for them (I'm a pretty cold hearted person and don't really care about most people to be honest), it's that I question the motives, methods and effectiveness of the way we treat offenders. Of course you can rise up from a low place, but are we holding them back? And why? Let's face it, not everybody is a smart/motivated/lucky as your step father. It's not that these people make me shed a tear...it's the logistics of it on a societal level. Could it be making the problem worse? Are we just making it all to easy for bad folk to stay bad folk? What's our end goal here?

We gotta deal with them being a load/drain/proverbial peepee sore on society when they aren't being productive. I don't see why we should make it hard for the rest of their days.

Good point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom