San Fran's last gun shop regulated/PC'd out of existence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can guarantee the antis are out dancing in the streets and patting each other on the back, celebrating the fact that they've managed to accomplish their goal of running a private business out of town and ruining somebody's livelihood.

Now... they have nothing left to do in that area, what is the next group of businesses they will target to destroy in their home city?

Are you talking about gun stores in San Francisco or abortion providers in Texas. Or Oklahoma. Or Mississippi. Or North Dakota. Or...

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not really, but we could talk about trolls if you like?

I thought the casting of Anna Kendrick to play Poppy was inspired. Not sure Justin Timberlake has the range to carry the male lead in an animated movie, but he's surprised before. Too bad we have to wait a year to see the movie.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in the Mission district in SF. I dont miss anything about it there except for the big azz burritos at my fave burrito joint. I still have a place in northern CA where I live part time and will never sell my place, gladly I live up on the mountain and way out in the sticks. I enter from the Tahoe/NV side when I go back home and never have to deal with anybody unless I go down in the foothills to shop or visit friends and relatives. My Calaveras county cops are pretty cool and will leave you alone out where I live if they know ya, Ive been living up there since 91' and have never had to deal with them besides casual contact. The guns I keep there or take with me there are all on 'the list'. Its give and take for me, I know my limitations when Im there to be able to enjoy my life while living there and while I dont like any of it I will put with it all because I love the place being born there. Its not just gun ownership that is a hassle there, vehicle ownership is a major pain in the rear there as well as other stuff. I do go down the mountain when Im there and over to Monterey to visit my older bro and on down to LA and San D to visit my older sisters but its for very brief visits to see neices and nephews and Im always anxious to get back up on that mountain and away from the cities. And Im for sure always glad when I get back home to OK, its like taking a blanket off of my head and being able to breathe again.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more the law expands away from logical and universal ethics, the more likely it is to be disregarded by the populace.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about gun stores in San Francisco or abortion providers in Texas. Or Oklahoma. Or Mississippi. Or North Dakota. Or...

You know somehow other medical providers and ambulatory clinics managed to stay open - I think that abortion clinics could have managed to do so as well even if needing to meet the same standard as other ambulatory clinics (not higher standards) and requiring admitting priviliges to nearby hospitals. I will research if admitting priviliges are required for other ambulatory clinics. In reality, abortion clinics were operating under an exemption from a general rule and are not being made subject to a new onerous rule unknown among other medical service providers. I also have a hard time understanding the logic of not wanting to be held to those standards since a baseline argument from pro-abortion service politicians and providers is to prevent those those terrible unsanitary unregulated back-room abortions of yesteryear.

In the case of SF - if one is talking about, for example, just a regular minimum wage increases well that affects everyone and it may hurt business across the board but it isn't aimed at a particular business -- in this case one individual business. How many other businesses are required to videotape their customers at the city of SF's behest?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know somehow other medical providers and ambulatory clinics managed to stay open - I think that abortion clinics could have managed to do so as well even if needing to meet the same standard as other ambulatory clinics (not higher standards) and requiring admitting priviliges to nearby hospitals. I will research if admitting priviliges are required for other ambulatory clinics. In reality, abortion clinics were operating under an exemption from a general rule and are not being made subject to a new onerous rule unknown among other medical service providers. I also have a hard time understanding the logic of not wanting to be held to those standards since a baseline argument from pro-abortion service politicians and providers is to prevent those those terrible unsanitary unregulated back-room abortions of yesteryear.

In the case of SF - if one is talking about, for example, just a regular minimum wage increases well that affects everyone and it may hurt business across the board but it isn't aimed at a particular business -- in this case one individual business. How many other businesses are required to videotape their customers at the city of SF's behest?

Dang it...I fed the troll didn't I?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that abortion clinics could have managed to do so as well even if needing to meet the same standard as other ambulatory clinics (not higher standards) and requiring admitting priviliges to nearby hospitals. I will research if admitting priviliges are required for other ambulatory clinics.

And you would be wrong. Abortions are so safe and complications requiring hospitalization so rare that doctors that perform abortions are unable to acquire and keep admitting privileges because they never need to admit a patient. The law (in Texas) was not passed for any reason other than trying to prevent women from being able to avail themselves of a legal, Constitutionally protected, procedure.

I also have a hard time understanding the logic of not wanting to be held to those standards since a baseline argument from pro-abortion service politicians and providers is to prevent those those terrible unsanitary unregulated back-room abortions of yesteryear.

Abortion providers are held to the same level of care as any other medical provider. Again, the law that was passed in Texas would have required abortion providers to have the same equipment and facilities standards of outpatient surgical centers. Many surgical procedures are performed every day in medical offices that are not considered surgical centers that are much more invasive and complicated than an abortion. And they do not have to have admitting-privileges nor have the same equipment and facilities standards of outpatient surgical centers. The wave of anti-abortion laws have nothing, not a damn thing, to do with anything other than trying to restrict or eliminate a woman's right to have an abortion. If you can't admit that simply fact you are either lying or ignorant of the facts.

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Abortions dismember babies, shred the flesh ftom their bodies and Suck the brains from their skulls. How is that to be compared to a gun store?
If i come to ravage, torture and slaughter your children and grand children, would you use a gun from that gun store to stop me?

Latest posts

Top Bottom