Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea right. The freedom from religion crowd has not made the world a better place, I think they made it worse with their massive over reach. Like the school in Texas that not only banned Christmas trees, but the colors red and green? The "Humanities" group that sent threatening letters to two schools to stop student organized and run gift drives, etc, etc.

So Christmas is no longer brought to you by the colors red and green, but was cancelled by the number 666. Does Big Bird know?

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yea right. The freedom from religion crowd has not made the world a better place, I think they made it worse with their massive over reach. Like the school in Texas that not only banned Christmas trees, but the colors red and green? The "Humanities" group that sent threatening letters to two schools to stop student organized and run gift drives, etc, etc.

And the religious crowd wasn't making it much better either.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Christmas is no longer brought to you by the colors red and green, but was cancelled by the number 666. Does Big Bird know?

I do not know about that but there was some dude in a cape that was so mad he was counting to 10 slowly.

And the religious crowd wasn't making it much better either.

You sure? There did not seem to be as much blind violence and out right hatred as there is now. Not nearly as many thrill killings, etc.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Humanities" group that sent threatening letters to two schools to stop student organized and run gift drives, etc, etc.

You do realize that this group was doing more than just innocently donating gifts to kids in need, right? They were basically bribing them into Christianity. Even the principle of the school admitted that the school's endorsement was unconstitutional. However, a way around that was to allow the students to take it upon themselves to work with this organization. Yet, nothing happened from this. So, the only group responsible for not providing these kids with gifts is the organization itself.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post it up... I am not finding it.

Article I, Section 3: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Article II, Clause 8: Before he enters the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Article VI's text: "All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Also covered under the No Religious Test Clause. Again, these are all focused on taking political positions rather than court testimonies, but it does show that affirmation is a constitutionally acceptable form of oath or swearing of truth. A Government of a free nation should remain secular, so, in my opinion, this should be the one and only way. Anyone who doesn't swear on a bible in many jurisdictions isn't going to get a fair chance in front of a jury. A blanket affirmation would remove all bias and allow facts and evidence to be the sole influence.

People that an Oath with a grain of salt. It pisses me off that we are not worth our word any more. Mean what you say and say what you mean!

Totally agree. Swearing, affirmation, etc, a man's word is more and more becoming his lies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize that this group was doing more than just innocently donating gifts to kids in need, right? They were basically bribing them into Christianity. Even the principle of the school admitted that the school's endorsement was unconstitutional. However, a way around that was to allow the students to take it upon themselves to work with this organization. Yet, nothing happened from this. So, the only group responsible for not providing these kids with gifts is the organization itself.

Nice spin. The group of students was collecting gifts for the poor and you call that bribing them into Christianity? One group stopped because they could not afford legal fees to fight the BS, the other group said "screw you" and moved it to the public sidewalk right out front. But I bet the "humanities" group is proud of forcing a bunch of kids out into the weather.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nice spin. The group of students was collecting gifts for the poor and you call that bribing them into Christianity? One group stopped because they could not afford legal fees to fight the BS, the other group said "screw you" and moved it to the public sidewalk right out front. But I bet the "humanities" group is proud of forcing a bunch of kids out into the weather.

I never heard anything of this. Proof?

Latest posts

Top Bottom