Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice spin. The group of students was collecting gifts for the poor and you call that bribing them into Christianity? One group stopped because they could not afford legal fees to fight the BS, the other group said "screw you" and moved it to the public sidewalk right out front. But I bet the "humanities" group is proud of forcing a bunch of kids out into the weather.

Nothing spun. Taken directly from their site (http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/): "Since 1993, more than 100 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ."

This screams bribe, and if you don't see the issue with a public school directly sponsoring such a drive, then perhaps there's no reasoning with you. The issue isn't that Operation Christmas Child includes religious scripture with their toy boxes, it's that a public school is directly sponsoring such actions. The AHA wasn't trying to stop Operation Christmas Child, they were only trying to severe the direct connection between them and a public school.

What if this public school was directly sponsoring a toy drive that was including several pieces of Islamic scripture in with their toy boxes?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never heard anything of this. Proof?

Here it is,

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...humanist-group-threatens-another-school-over/

Nothing spun. Taken directly from their site (http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/): "Since 1993, more than 100 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ."

This screams bribe, and if you don't see the issue with a public school directly sponsoring such a drive, then perhaps there's no reasoning with you. The issue isn't that Operation Christmas Child includes religious scripture with their toy boxes, it's that a public school is directly sponsoring such actions. The AHA wasn't trying to stop Operation Christmas Child, they were only trying to severe the direct connection between them and a public school.

What if this public school was directly sponsoring a toy drive that was including several pieces of Islamic scripture in with their toy boxes?

Calling it bribery is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Kids are NOT going to become Christians because they get a gift pure and simple. As for Islamic scripture in with their toy boxes, what the hell is wrong with that???? It is not the scripture that the kids will not read anyway, it is the gift to a poor kid. Maybe if these so called "Humanities" groups stopped trying to piss on everyone else's parade and started doing something nice, they too could make some kids happy.

Remember that word Tolerance? Maybe it should be practiced by all including the "Humanities" groups.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love it.

Operation Christmas Child was student-organized and student-led – and based on what happened Wednesday – they aren’t going to be scared away by a bunch of non-believers.

“It’s the right thing to do,” she said. “It’s the merciful thing to do, the compassionate thing to do.”

Some critics have tried to compare the humanists to Ebenezer Scrooge – but that’s really unfair. Even Scrooge had a heart.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here it is,

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...humanist-group-threatens-another-school-over/

Calling it bribery is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Kids are NOT going to become Christians because they get a gift pure and simple. As for Islamic scripture in with their toy boxes, what the hell is wrong with that???? It is not the scripture that the kids will not read anyway, it is the gift to a poor kid. Maybe if these so called "Humanities" groups stopped trying to piss on everyone else's parade and started doing something nice, they too could make some kids happy.

Remember that word Tolerance? Maybe it should be practiced by all including the "Humanities" groups.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong with them including Islamic scripture inside the toy boxes. However, the biggest point here that you keep avoiding is the fact that a PUBLIC school is directly sponsoring this organization.

Tolerance does not including allowing constitutional violations.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There would be absolutely nothing wrong with them including Islamic scripture inside the toy boxes. However, the biggest point here that you keep avoiding is the fact that a PUBLIC school is directly sponsoring this organization.

Tolerance does not including allowing constitutional violations.

Funny it was
Operation Christmas Child was student-organized and student-led
The school only let them use the building.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So, you're now using immature jabs in your arsenal? How low do we go here, Rick?

Also, if you think the AHA is only here to rain on everyone's parade, then you obviously know nothing about the AHA or the countless other humanist organizations and the good they do.

Here's their website if you feel like taking a peek: http://americanhumanist.org/

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Link was from Fox News... Ugh.

www.quickmeme.com_img_f3_f3b09dc0c84f62d25c7f616b579962ae5b1512038a586e270399bf030c305986.jpg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminds me of the cross vs the crab hullabaloo in Edmond several years ago.

http://newsok.com/edmond-oks-giant-cross-crab-eatery-plans-lawsuit/article/2587070

I sure did want to see that big 'ole crab stickin' up over 130 feet into the sky!

There is a lot of talk these days about bullying. Seems to me that powerful religions have always bullied the less powerful faiths. Didn't the Pilgrims come over to avoid religious opression?

Anybody remember Bud Saunders who had an appliance store on Main in Norman back in the 60s? Bud's take on churches was "Burn 'em down or put 'em on the tax rolls!"

My approach is "How 'bout we keep your church outta our state."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dome was a big waste of money IMO. (yeah I know where the money came from). Still a waste. Why be like every other capitol bldg.

We need to send the bill for the repairs the Capitol Building needs to Frank and Kathy. The Capitol Building was not designed nor built to withstand the weight that "donation" added to it. It is my fervent prayer every single night that we awaken some morning to the breaking news that that damn building (and the indian atop it) have fallen into a crumbled pile of stone ... :naughty: (I know, I know ... You should have heard the God Squad at the "christening" of that THING when I didn't ohhhh and ahhhh as expected ... :D)

Latest posts

Top Bottom