Savage stock help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this is driving me nuts now. I can't find a front screw that is the proper length. I know the screw is a 1/4"-28 x 1.125" but I can't find one anywhere. What the hell?!? Guess I'll just have to try to cut down a 1.25" one then and hope I can get it to thread.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this is driving me nuts now. I can't find a front screw that is the proper length. I know the screw is a 1/4"-28 x 1.125" but I can't find one anywhere. What the hell?!? Guess I'll just have to try to cut down a 1.25" one then and hope I can get it to thread.

I had to cut one, too. You shouldn't have any problems.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Go to an Ace Hardware store and find a nut that will fit the screw. Put the nut on the screw, make your cut, clean it up a little with a fine file, and remove the screw. It'll straighten out the threads. CB

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got it cut down today. Now I'm just waiting til my trigger guard comes in and I'll take some pics. Probably won't get it until later in the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom