SB 1159 - Oklahoma Knive Carry Ban Repeal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't see this posted.

February 18, 2016: Knife Rights' Oklahoma Knife Law Reform bill, SB 1159, has been passed out of the Senate Public Safety Committee with a "do pass" recommendation by a unanimous vote. Introduced by Senator Nathan Dahm and sponsored in the House by Rep. John Paul Jordan, SB 1159 will finish the job Knife Rights started last year by removing dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife and sword cane from the items prohibited from carry in Oklahoma. Last year Knife Rights repealed the ban on carrying switchblade (automatic) knives and passed Knife Law Preemption in Oklahoma.

With Knife Law Preemption already the law in Oklahoma, if we succeed in getting SB 1159 enacted, it will automatically be the law throughout the state.

- See more at: http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=358&Itemid=1#.dpuf

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't see this posted.

February 18, 2016: Knife Rights' Oklahoma Knife Law Reform bill, SB 1159, has been passed out of the Senate Public Safety Committee with a "do pass" recommendation by a unanimous vote. Introduced by Senator Nathan Dahm and sponsored in the House by Rep. John Paul Jordan, SB 1159 will finish the job Knife Rights started last year by removing dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife and sword cane from the items prohibited from carry in Oklahoma. Last year Knife Rights repealed the ban on carrying switchblade (automatic) knives and passed Knife Law Preemption in Oklahoma.

With Knife Law Preemption already the law in Oklahoma, if we succeed in getting SB 1159 enacted, it will automatically be the law throughout the state.

- See more at: http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=358&Itemid=1#.dpuf

What is this for, I thought they already let you carry automatic knives?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is this for, I thought they already let you carry automatic knives?

SB 1159 will finish the job Knife Rights started last year by removing dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife and sword cane from the items prohibited from carry in Oklahoma. Last year Knife Rights repealed the ban on carrying switchblade (automatic) knives and passed Knife Law Preemption in Oklahoma.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daggers and dirks I think are the big thing. Cane swords... well, maybe a few old guys out there want one of those. But not being able to carry a "double-edged" knife is somewhat limiting.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of those old guys who wants a cane knife,,,
Back in my ill-spent youth I was a budding martial artist,,,
The only weapon my sensei would teach us to use was a cane.

Now that I'm 64 years old I could actually benefit from a walking stick,,,
And since I know how to use it, one with a sharp sticky thing would be a huge plus.

Aarond

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SB 1159 will finish the job Knife Rights started last year by removing dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife and sword cane from the items prohibited from carry in Oklahoma. Last year Knife Rights repealed the ban on carrying switchblade (automatic) knives and passed Knife Law Preemption in Oklahoma.

Ahhhh, I misread some things, I see that now, thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom