SB35 - Military Carry in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, just read about this. Hadn't seen anything about it here so if there already is feel free to move it. Apparently adds the following to carry in OK without an SDA license effective November 1st:
2. The person is twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and is either:
a. active military, or
b. a member of the Reserve or National Guard to include Drill Status Guard and Reserve, Active Guard Reserves or Military Technicians, and presents a valid military identification card that shall be considered a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
Reasonable move, but would personally like to have seen it include retirees. Have also seen some discussion about extending it to anyone with an Honorably Discharged DD241. Of course an argument could be made for constitutional carry for anyone and everyone (especially since OK honors "anyone and everyone" from any other state that has constitutional carry) but this seems like a step in the right direction.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about retirees should of been included. I wonder if the Ft Sill CG will restrict soldiers from carrying off post, the same as motorcycle helmet are required on or off post.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I doubt it, this guy is a real straight shooter in my opinion. Worked for him many years ago in Germany when he was a LTC BN CDR, don't see an issue with him and guns at all. I hope i'm not wrong.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it'll be one step closer to constitutional carry but other than using this bill to get a foot in the door it makes no sense.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it, this guy is a real straight shooter in my opinion. Worked for him many years ago in Germany when he was a LTC BN CDR, don't see an issue with him and guns at all. I hope i'm not wrong.
gave you seen the stupid crap he has motorcycle riders wear?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see they struck a lot of wording related to exemptions from training and the exemption certificate. I wonder if honorably discharged folks who are exempt from the range portion are just now supposed to send in their proof of handgun training with their application instead of the old method of getting the exemption cert from the class instructor?

It's also odd that honorably discharged personnel have to show proof of handgun training to get the range exemption but active duty troops don't need a permit at all and don't have to show proof of handgun training....did they not realize that not every active duty troop actually gets handgun training?

Latest posts

Top Bottom