Scope for AR 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there has been this subject covered somewhere on this site, but I didn't find it when I did a search.

I am going to get a scope for it and use it primarily for coyote hunting. I was looking at getting the nikon bdc 3x9-40 from academy. May spend the extra 20 buck and get a 3x9-50. looking to keep it under 200, before taxes. Any suggestions/ comments are appreciatied.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were shooting the Millet DMS last weekend. Great scope!

I liked it so much that now I'm torn as to whether I should get it or get what I was planning on getting previously(Primary Arms 4.5x-14x50mm).

What is the purpose of your platform? bench? hunting? competition?

bench - I would go with magnification

competition - I think the millet would be great for that. You can go from 1x out to 4.5x. Good eye relief as well.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
generally quality scopes will not come with mounts.

after personally testing out a slew of scopes... Leupold, Zeiss, 4200 Elite, Unertl, etc, etc.

IMHO the best bang for the buck still belongs to Bushnell 5x15 Legend with mil dot ($160). Optics are easily on par with Leupold, Zeiss and 4200 Elite. but mechanicals are not nearly as nice with Leupold, 4200 elite, Zeiss, etc.

Bushnell 5x16 Legend's optics are not equal to 4200 elite or a Veri-x 3 Leupold. but darn close. main drawback to Legend 5x15 mil dot is size... it's much larger than say a Leupold.

a major factor is customer service. Bushnell and Leupold are among the best. break it... they fix it... no fuss warranty.

yes.. I've broken Leupold and 4200 elite scopes with Magnum Springer Air rifles, which are way harsher than firearms on scopes.

don't get me wrong... if you've got the $$$ go with Leupold... for under $200, it'd be hard to find a better scope for the $$$ than Legend 5x15 mil dot

Well that brings up a question I hadn't thought about. Does the scope come with rings to mount that will fit the ar 15 typically? I always assumed yes, but this comment made me question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom