Scope mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustine

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Palmetto State Armory AR10 308 Win. I recently purchased a Nikon Buckmaster II scope. Now I need a good quality solid ring mount in the $250.-$300. range new or used. can anyone direct me to a quality ring mount. I'm willing to go a little more if needed. I like the Spuhr mount and new it ranges from $410.-$450. I spoke to their rep this morning and they don't have one for a 1" or 25.4 MM tube. Any help would be appreciated.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Palmetto State Armory AR10 308 Win. I recently purchased a Nikon Buckmaster II scope. Now I need a good quality solid ring mount in the $250.-$300. range new or used. can anyone direct me to a quality ring mount. I'm willing to go a little more if needed. I like the Spuhr mount and new it ranges from $410.-$450. I spoke to their rep this morning and they don't have one for a 1" or 25.4 MM tube. Any help would be appreciated.
Most high end mounts don't come in 1". They are usually 30mm, 34mm, and if they service Leupold, 35mm. You can get high end rings in 1" though, but rings are two pieces.
I would say something like Warne, Leupold, Larue for rings for that scope if you want to spend money, but for that scope, I don't think I would spend more than $40 on rings.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need an SPR mount. These are designed for AR platform guns. If you go with regular mounts, you'll most likely need a riser to get the scope high enough to see through the it. ARMS, Larue, Vortex, Yankee Hill Machine are probably the best ones. The Nikon P series mounts work fine but are aluminum/alloy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom