scope or red dot on buckmark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TacSol and a Fastfire make a pretty sweet combo! Well, not as sweet as the Buckmark above but hey the MKIII guys need love too.

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_IMG_0958.jpg

very awsome setup.

Reaction score
Definitely, definitely scope, IMO, on ANY rimfire. Even a 1x scope is better than a red dot for a rimfire where you will want and need a very precise aiming point. But a 2 or 2.5x scope is even better. Maybe even a 4x.

Red-dotted .22s are fun for sure, for awhile, but they ultimately disappoint, to ME - I like teensy groups to put the smile on my face, and a red dot doesn't cut it. Now maybe if I shelled out for a high-quality Aimpoint for the rimfire, with a very small and well-defined dot, then it may very well be a different story, but I haven't tried that yet.

Wow, that IS one nice Buckmark, Glocktogo!

The Cleaner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same set up as Jerry but still waiting on my Gem Tech Alpine. Fast Fire is great but I used a NC Star red dot the other day that seemed just as good for a fraction of the price around $60. I would have got one if I didn't already have the fast fire. Pic is before the Fast Fire showed up
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae195_Southsideservz_IMAG0091.jpg

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fast Fire is great but I used a NC Star red dot the other day that seemed just as good for a fraction of the price around $60. I would have got one if I didn't already have the fast fire.

I had one far a little while, until it started jumping all over the place. It worked great at first but then after a few hundred rounds, you could shoot once & see the dot jump completely off of the paper. And this is on a .22. I used to think it was just as good as the higher $$$ stuff, but there's a reason people are so critical of them. If you have one & have not had a problem with it, you will. I'll never own another NC Star product. Now I have the Fastfire II & it's great.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a primary arms micro dot on mine. I shot a Buckmark with a millet red dot this last weekend and preferred the smaller dot on the millet tube. What I like about the red dot scopes are how easy it is to makes adjustments.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Mobile_87302009.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom