scoped revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a revolver, but a buddy has a Contender in .357 Herrett and uses a red dot scope on it. Very accurate out to 100 yards, 1.5" groups. Kicks pretty good though. Uses a cut down 30-30 rifle case.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a red dot on my Raging Bull for about 2 weeks. I like open sites better, just my preference, but it worked pretty well. Then my buddy put it on his 500 Smith and it shot all the guts out the top cover. Then, last week, the same gun shelled a Burris fast fire. Whatever you decide to get, make sure it will handle the recoil.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Dan Wesson Action Cup that I bought from Riley Gilmore. It's scoped and weights 52 oz.'s (I think). It was designed for Bianchi cup. I have shot Steel Challenge with it and Shot an entire season of indoor with it.....lots of fun and sure helps to build up the forearms!!!!! lol

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a variety of scoped handguns including revolvers. If I were you, I would see how well it shoots with open sights first. If it shoots well enough, then it may be worthwhile to scope it.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad had a T/C with a 2x Burris. Used it for .357 Maximum and .223. I've also shot a Ruger SBH Hunter in .41 mag with a 2x Leupold. Excellent shooting gun. I plan on putting a Nikon on my .44 Mag hunter.

I like open sights, but a scope does make a difference at 100 yards IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom