Sell $$ bs trade dollars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not understanding that 600 cash vs 700 trade value might say something about what your offering. Cash is king. If you haven't been bit by trading your ??? for a piece of junk someone is trying to trade. Then wait its probably on the way. When cash is not involved some people try to have cushion in a trade. It doest say you cant offer your 600 dollar gun for a 600 gun cause you may value yours at 700. Its easy if your not paying with cash offer the extra like the seller asked. Easy Peasy

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I put something up for sale, it’s because I want to sell it, and the only way I will trade is if it heavy in my favor or is something I really want. If that makes me an a-hole, so be it. I can count on one hand with fingers left over the number of times I’ve traded anything, because like holechit said, most people offer up inequitable trades.

A.Hinkle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it turns off the people who know it’s high, why bother. If a trade isn’t fair in my view it ain’t happening. It ain’t hard fellas
I mean its just that, they are saying they don't really want to trade, they want cash, but can be persuaded for the right deal. If you don't think its the right deal, don't bother. It sounds like you are reading them loud and clear

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really not that difficult of a concept to understand...

Seller has $1000 MSRP item listed for $500 cash as the item is in pre-owned condition. Buyer has a $500 MSRP item that is also used, but they feel that the items value is $500 as that was the price they originally paid (typical OSA buyer logic). This is why trade value is higher. I'm not trading a $1000 MSRP item for your $500 MSRP item (usually some variety of Glock), just because my cash asking price is $500.

Most sellers, at least the successful ones, will ask less than market value in order to facilitate a quick cash sale. If turning your asset into cash is the objective, why would you be interested in accepting a trade that's cash value is less than the item that you're attempting to sell?

Latest posts

Top Bottom