Sell me some cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally wanting to spend some hard earned $$ for some quiet fun. I am aware of the process and tax stamps and wait times. I want advice on brands to buy and a dealer. I live in the far NE corner but don't mind travelling for the right deal. Here is what I definetly want. A .22 lr capable for both pistol and rifle (if any aren't). A .45acp (I have a HK tactical). I don't have any threaded 22 right now but I should time to fix that while my paperwork is in Limbo. I prefer to take care of both through the same dealer. I don't know if I want to pursue a center fire rifle can or not. Those that have them do you feel it is worth it?

Let's have it. Advice. Sales pitches. Take my money.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a little distance but Dustin Gaunder (Class 3 Designs LLC) is located in Mustang. He sells suppressors as well as threads barrels.

The Silencerco Sparrow SS is probably the best .22 can on the market in my opinion. I am not sure about the .45 can, but I am sure he has you covered there as well.

Hope that helps

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
26943.jpg

That'll be $800 please.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to travel to OKC, Tommy @ SSP or Dustin Gaunder @ Class 3 Designs. You could also buy from SilencerShop online and have it shipped to a dealer in Tulsa. This MAY be cheaper, but you will have to pay at least $50 per can for a transfer.

Rimfire: Sparrow or Spectre 2

.45: Tirant, Octane HD, or Osprey

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This summer I will have my S.O.T. and can get you about anything you want. As soon as it comes in I will get a AAC Ti-Rant 45 and a few others to demo. But that will be this summer.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite manufacturer is Silencerco. I like the way they do business and their products. I also like AAC's products.

For a .22 can you can't beat the Silencerco Sparrow. It's easy to take apart and works.

For a .45 can, I think the choice is between the Silencerco Osprey and the AAC TiRant. To my knowledge, they are the only two that are considered safe to shoot without hearing protection when shot dry. The price is pretty comparable too. It' weather you want a drop down squared can (Osprey) or the typical cylinder (Tirant). If you have the USP Tac, you don't have to worry about raising your sights over the TiRant.

Personally, I enjoy my rifle can over my pistol can. Shooting bolt action rifles are considerable more fun to shoot with much less recoil.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a silencerco ss sparrow. I love it. If I was doing it all over again I might start with an Octane 9 HD. It's $200 more but will handle pistol calibers to 9mm and subsonic 300 blackout. I've run it on an M11/9 in full auto, it'll handle it but you might get a face full of gas. I can't really notice any weight or noise difference when I'm shooting on a .22 pistol. I wouldn't get too caught up on some of the decibel claims. On a .22 can, I believe ease of cleaning is one of the most important features.

Latest posts

Top Bottom