Semiauto 45 acp carry gun opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been cruising a little now, and found that Ruger is making a lightweight commander in the SR1911...has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? From most of what I've read, the other Ruger 1911's are pretty sweet.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been cruising a little now, and found that Ruger is making a lightweight commander in the SR1911...has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? From most of what I've read, the other Ruger 1911's are pretty sweet.
I have a full sized Ruger sr1912 and I love it. Wish I had the smaller lightweight to compare...maybe I'll have to get both!

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The RCS is built in Sig's custom shop. Supposed to be better machining and parts are hand fitted. The CCO, at one time, was built in Sig's standard production run. This may have changed, as the RCS may be out of production now. The RCS comes with Novak night sights. The CCO does not have night sights. The RCS has all rough edges rounded and smoothed, compare the two slides side by side, at especially at the muzzle . The difference is significant. I have not compared where the best deal is. I just looked at KY Gun Co. and they have the CCO at $810 and the RCS at $895 (out of stock). That is an $85 difference and is more than made up, alone, with just the night sights on the RCS. I believe I paid around $865 for my RCS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom