Senate Republicans Block Tax Cut Plan that Leaves Out High Earners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Says who - you? Not true at all.

Again, not true at all. Absolute hogwashy nonsense. That's the big lie they'd have you believe - and apparently you now believe it - the big lie is working you see, and the casualty is going to be YOUR ability to right a wrong as a juror when YOUR friend, neighbor, or family member is maimed or killed due to gross negligence or worse.

You are 100% correct. This a prime example of the Oklahoma mentality: The BY-GOD Syndrome.

"By God, someone else in an accident shouldn't get no big money! By God, if me or my family is hurt, we want to get paid!"

The dumb butts don't realize they ARE someone else!

"

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know, the more I pay every year, the more I think public servants should work for free. I think that would save the taxpayers a good chunk of THEIR hard earned dollars.

So you don't favor paying Firefighters, Police Officers, Prosecutors, Judges, and Soldiers? Just curious, but who do you think would perform these functions if they weren't being paid? I love what I do, but I'm not in a position to devote 50+ hours of my week to putting criminals in jail pro bono.

Please remember that public servants pay taxes too.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Says who - you? Not true at all.

Again, not true at all. Absolute hogwashy nonsense. That's the big lie they'd have you believe - and apparently you now believe it - the big lie is working you see, and the casualty is going to be YOUR ability to right a wrong as a juror when YOUR friend, neighbor, or family member is maimed or killed due to gross negligence or worse.

I can right the wrong without making another wrong. The problem is not how the system is supposed to work but in how it is being abused by greedy lawyers and people who have come to expect huge payouts. I have seen this with my own eyes and know it to be true. The amounts expected have nothing at all to do with the real world and everything to do with how rich the idiot suing and their lawyer think they can get.

I should note that is was members of my family doing the suing.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to ask you folks defending the law suit industry, what do you think inspired all the stupid warning labels. It was people and lawyers abusing the system.

Some examples,

Warning: Do not attempt to remove blade while lawnmower is running or plugged into an outlet.
Craftsman Push Mower

Do not attempt to stop chain with hands.
Jonsreds Chainsaw

Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.
Swedish Chainsaw

After a lengthy instruction on how to heat the bottle:
CAUTION: SYRUP BOTTLE MAY BE HOT.
Hungry Jack Lite Syrup

Warning: This product contains nuts.
Sainsbury Peanuts

This product must be cooked before eating.
Swanson TV Dinners

Do not eat packet.
Hormel Pepperoni

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, do you dispute doing one or all of those things is unsafe?

I have to ask you folks defending the law suit industry, what do you think inspired all the stupid warning labels. It was people and lawyers abusing the system.

Some examples,

Warning: Do not attempt to remove blade while lawnmower is running or plugged into an outlet.
Craftsman Push Mower

Do not attempt to stop chain with hands.
Jonsreds Chainsaw

Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.
Swedish Chainsaw

After a lengthy instruction on how to heat the bottle:
CAUTION: SYRUP BOTTLE MAY BE HOT.
Hungry Jack Lite Syrup

Warning: This product contains nuts.
Sainsbury Peanuts

This product must be cooked before eating.
Swanson TV Dinners

Do not eat packet.
Hormel Pepperoni

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are all unsafe, but if you have to be told that, you should not be allowed to sue for millions of dollars just because you are a dumba$$.

Latest posts

Top Bottom