Sesame Street... HD or NOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it bad that I don't record Sesame Street on the HD channel so that it saves space for my shows? Do you think she knows the difference watching it recorded from the regular channel? Daughter is almost two and half y.o. Am I being selfish here??? :puppet2:

I mean with it recording Sons of Guns, Ice Road Truckers, Swamp people, Finding Bigfoot and The Walking Dead should be coming on soon... Whats a guy to do?

My DVR fills up so quick with all here cartoon shows.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, just keep about 6 sesame street non HD on the recorder for the little one. IMO she doesn't truly appreciate what HD is doing for her yet. Besides that show is more for us to get a break than it is for their entertainment.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly... She just likes to watch the Elmo's World part of it but that gives us about 20 minutes free time while she's dancing around with Elmo.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't forget about murry, him and that little lamb are lifesavers.......sometimes her life.J/K

Gotta admit thought, some of the hidden adult jokes in that show do make it worth it for me also.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could do what I do...I have 3 DVR's! One for my wife's shows on the tv in the bedroom, one for my kids shows on the tv in the play room and one for my shows on the tv in the living room! Expensive? Yes, No more griping from the wife and kids? YES! It's worth it to me.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys crack me up!

Why? Because I have a 2 year old and can relate. Elmo and Sid the Science Kid are life savers. Pretty good programming for the limited TV I let my kid watch. Hard to find stuff that isn't complete crap.

He likes the old Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse ones, but they seem to fill him with rage from all the animated violence, so those have become rare treats. Though I admit a little honest rage is a bit of a healthy thing :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom