Share your Open Carry Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Open carry everywhere except for those places that are posted. Nothing but positive comments from the public who have noticed. Kids seem to notice (guess 'cuz of their short stature) more than adults. All of those who say something to their parents/grandparents do so with curiosity and none of the hysteria that was predicted.

My wife's sister and husband are coming down from Canada with their young daughter to visit this summer. Definitely will be a culture shock for them to see me openly armed. My wife had never even seen a handgun her entire life prior to her moving to OK two years ago. She proudly owns two pistols of her own. Damn good shot too. :)

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been OC since Nov 1, in and around the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area, with side trips to OKC and points south. I've seen a few other OC'ers and had a few converstions with some sheeple. Other than a young worker at the Claremore Walmart, it has mostly been positive. I say mostly because many times, I don't think anyone even notices. OC has been a whopping "Non Event".

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen 3 people in full OC mode.(other than people at the range and folks at the state capital rally)
One in Bass Pro and two guys in the same visit at Home Depot. I have only OC'd at the range. CC everywhere else. It'll take more time for me but I want to OC on occasion.

On a side note, as mentioned, all 3 guys were well dressed, well equipped and presented themselves well. I think that helps a ton with public perception.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen 3 people in full OC mode.(other than people at the range and folks at the state capital rally)
One in Bass Pro and two guys in the same visit at Home Depot. I have only OC'd at the range. CC everywhere else. It'll take more time for me but I want to OC on occasion.

On a side note, as mentioned, all 3 guys were well dressed, well equipped and presented themselves well. I think that helps a ton with public perception.
Wonder if we crossed paths? I frequent both of those stores regularly.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haver carried open or seen anyone. I think the best part of the law is elimination of the 'wardrobe malfunction', where concealed carry was in violation.

We did have a couple come into our siner one evening. When daughter went to wait the table, the gentleman stated there was nothing posted about guns not allowed and asked if his concealed pistol was a problem. She asked if he was there to eat or rob us? If it was to eat, then it wasn't a problem, especially since she was carrying and her Mom and Dad were in the kitchen and both carrying. He came in for dinner at least twice a week after that night.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot understand the need some people have to bring it up, ESPECIALLY concealed. Sounds like either a "look at me" type or a total noob.

Even though I OC, I don't bring it up. If someone wants to talk about it, then let them. Otherwise, I'd prefer it just be a non-issue.

I do, however tend to frequent places where I've been before and I know it's not an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom