Shield 2.0 Preorder at Brownell's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/m-p9-shield-2-0-9mm-no-saftey-prod110531.aspx

DESCRIPTION

The Shield 2.0 with an aggressive Grip texture for enhanced control, new crisp 2.0 trigger with a lighter trigger pull, and a tactile and audible trigger reset with an extremely thin profile & lightweight make it an excellent choice for carry. This gun can be disassembled without depressing the trigger using the M&P’s patented take-down lever design. Comes with 3-dot sight for fast target acquisition. Striker fired design ensures positive function and a consistent trigger pull.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Compact. When they go on sale, gonna pick one up. Don't rib me but I want the one with the safety.
To each his own. :)

I've been a fan of the M&P line for a while, but I can't stand the thumb safety they put on the Compact and the Full size versions.

My Shield had the safety and I kinda liked it. I always thought they should switch to the Shield type safety on the other models.

This is the first I've seen or heard of the Shield 2.0 actually existing. It's way overpriced, IMO, but maybe pricing will come down to reality after they've been out a little while.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Shield with 7 rd mag is same height as a G19. It's a little less than an inch shorter. The Shield is notably thinner; its around 0.960" vs 1.140" BUT the G19 holds 2X the ammo. IMO a Shield is more of a 15 yd gun while the G19 is a 25+ yd center hit zone machine. Both have their place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom