Shiny brass tip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Our gunsmith instructor gave us a tip I thought I might pass on to my fellow reloaders. Before tumbling if you will soak your sized and unprimed brass in warm water and white vinegar for about 15 minutes before tumbling..it really shines it up. Tried it a few days ago and it does make a difference.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always de-prime before tumbling, but I use the walnut hulls instead of corn cob. It really cleans the primer pocket and the media is so fine the flash hole will be clean also...

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though vinegar is cheap you have to use too much and it smells bad. Another option is lemishine. It's basically powdered citric acid and is found in the detergent isle at walmart. A teaspoon per 2 gallons or so shines the stuff up beautifully. I've also switched to walnut media. I bought 50 pound bag (about 10 gallons) for about 35 bucks from a sandblasting supply. It is faster and less dusty then the pre treated corn cob stuff I had been buying. It's also oddly quieter

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our gunsmith instructor gave us a tip I thought I might pass on to my fellow reloaders. Before tumbling if you will soak your sized and unprimed brass in warm water and white vinegar for about 15 minutes before tumbling..it really shines it up. Tried it a few days ago and it does make a difference.

Who cares?? MY GAWD ... IT'S BOOOLLLITTTT CASINGS!!!! (On a much lighter note, I do appreciate that the bathroom drain is running much much quicker ... thanks!!)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who like to add a little polishing cream to their tumbling, try Nu-Finish car polish that you can get at Harbor Freight. It contains no ammonia like Brasso does and a little goes a long way towards making your cases a little brighter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom