Shooting a snake in town.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Properly equipped you can most definitely shoot a snake in Edmond and none of your neighbors will be any the wiser. This also works well for possums, skunks and other assorted vermin.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No reason to shoot a snake in city limits. A snake will not chase you to a safety zone. If you can't dispatch a snake with a garden tool with a 5' handle you probably should go inside and call animal control.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=12704

8.12.020 - Discharging firearms.

It is unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm in the city except when doing so in line of duty, when lawfully doing so in defense of oneself, of another person or of property or when otherwise authorized by this code or any law or ordinance. It is unlawful to discharge an air rifle or BB gun in the City. Any person violating the provisions of this Section shall be deemed guilty of an offense and punished for a Class A offense as set forth in Section 2.56.210. (1954 Code § 248; Ord. 2513, § 31, Oct. 11, 1999).

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huntertown Arms 5.56 Kestrel. User serviceable and rated for any rim or center fire .22 or smaller diameter ammo. Base cost of the can is under $500 + NFA and sales taxes. Quieter than a bb gun using subs on the Ruger 22/45 Lite. It's robust (i.e. heavier than my YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti) but I like it. Here's some video I shot today at the OKC Gun Club.

[video=youtube_share;zgcoYcjZPp4]http://youtu.be/zgcoYcjZPp4[/video]

Last edited:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Oklahoma City:

§ 30-308. Discharging firearms; exceptions, shooting galleries.permanent link to this piece of content

No person shall discharge any species of firearms, air guns, stun guns, or weapons, except as provided hereinafter:

(1)

Shotguns. The discharging of shotguns, if done from a point of at least 600 feet, from any residence or place of business in which persons reside, or engage in business or congregate, provided no shells containing projectiles larger than No. 2 shots may be used.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hit it with a damn shovel or run it over with the lawnmower and get on with life.

I like my firearms...but they aren't THE answer for everything.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kill it with a hoe or machete and wear good leather cowboy boots.
My cousin discovered that it is, in fact, possible to run in cowboy boots across a field. He said he was walking through deep grass when he felt a thump against his foot; he looked down and saw a snake in the grass. He said he thought it was a copperhead, but he didn't stick around to find out, setting a new world record in the 100 yard barn dash. When he got there, he looked down and saw these two perfect, slowly-expanding dark circles in the leather...:yikes2::bolt:

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." -- Sir Winston Churchill

Latest posts

Top Bottom