Shooting an anvil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this was a "project" a few friends and I got into a while back. One harbor freight "anvil", cut a pocket in the bottom, pack with blackpowder and see what happens. It did pretty good, but blew the anvil into a few chunks...we never found the bottom rear chunk.

1586_659648300747069_847048629_n.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be honest...this was take 2 of doing this. First time we went out...lit the fuse and ran for cover. It went off and as we all looked into the air, everybody got blinded by the sun and panic set in. We all scram as we have no f'n idea where this thing is. My buddy dives under the bed of his truck and takes cover and yells "is it still in the air??" (mind you this was like 20 seconds after the blast). Smoke finally clears and apparently it was a total dud. Base wasnt stable enough and it just flipped it over and was sitting right where we had lit the fuse. 2nd time as shown above, we had it on a heavy steel plate and it worked pretty good. My buddy who hid under the truck decided to pass on the second attempt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We built a cannon once that shot golf balls. Civil war replica.
4 of us in it, and it turned out great.
Unfortunately, the person storing it at his home decided to move and took it with him to an undisclosed location we have yet to find.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have this one but no real place to shoot it so it just hangs out in the garage. Some day I'll get it out and play again. I think I have a hand full of slugs left.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We built a cannon once that shot golf balls. Civil war replica.
4 of us in it, and it turned out great.
Unfortunately, the person storing it at his home decided to move and took it with him to an undisclosed location we have yet to find.

Sounds like it may be time to hire a private eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom