I can't have a sword and not use it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest son got a sword many years ago and was proud of it and like me he will use it to cut things.
We went to the front yard and began chopping the hedges to square them up.
A few wacks later the sword was bent.
POS!
I am pretty sure my 2 sons have never got a sword after that.

I wanna freakin wack stuff if i have a sword in my hands.

I sure ain't leaving it hanging on the wall.
I would take it hunting and fishing and cut my way to the good spots.

That is all. I do not have any rear engine mowers.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest son got a sword many years ago and was proud of it and like me he will use it to cut things.
We went to the front yard and began chopping the hedges to square them up.
A few wacks later the sword was bent.
POS!
I am pretty sure my 2 sons have never got a sword after that.

I wanna freakin wack stuff if i have a sword in my hands.

I sure ain't leaving it hanging on the wall.
I would take it hunting and fishing and cut my way to the good spots.

That is all. I do not have any rear engine mowers.

Get this. I liked it so much I now have 3. One under the seat of each truck. The sheath is included.

1686259483177.png
1686259528478.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJRR2K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've cut brush, vines, thorns, and tree limbs 6" in diameter with them. Holds an edge well and haven't broke or chipped one yet.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 24” machete scabbard mounted to my cub cadet zero turn. It was useful back on my three acres in Jones but since then I’ve enjoyed it even more whipping it out in Edmond HOA land to pluck a dandelion from the front lawn
I bought a big house in a fancy addition up in Edmond one time. I'd get done mowing and sit on the front porch in my overalls and sleeves cut off my shirt with a quart of Budweiser in a brown paper sack and watch all the suits drive by getting home. Had one stop one time and ask what kind of weed killer and fertilizer I used to keep the owner's yard looking so nice. Told him I owned the place and I'd be glad to come over and take care of his if his wife was home during the day.

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine chose the USMC Option for active duty service after graduating from Annapolis. A Mameluke Sword was part of his Dress Uniform. Years later, one of his sons got it out of his personal effects and employed it for cutting limbs off trees and striking other inappropriate things. He wasn’t too happier about it…..

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get this. I liked it so much I now have 3. One under the seat of each truck. The sheath is included.

View attachment 383384 View attachment 383385

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJRR2K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've cut brush, vines, thorns, and tree limbs 6" in diameter with them. Holds an edge well and haven't broke or chipped one yet.
I 2nd your affinity for Cold Steel products. Have had many over the years and for the price, you'll be hard pressed to find something better than what they sell. I keep their entrenching shovel in my go-bag

Latest posts

Top Bottom