Shootout at Trailer Park in Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want to bet that many/most/all of these guys had no legal right to possess a firearm?

Here's the link: http://www.kswo.com/global/story.asp?s=18688491

Here is the text:

Shootout at Lawton Trailer Park Sends Three to the Hospital
Posted: Jun 03, 2012 7:47 PM CDT Updated: Jun 03, 2012 11:07 PM CDT

Lawton, OKLa._Residents of a Lawton trailer park said they are still reeling from the terrifying shooting early Saturday morning that sent three men to the hospital and put their entire neighborhood in danger. Witnesses said the gunfire erupted just before six a.m. just outside of a home in a trailer park on Southwest Jefferson. They said three cars full of men showed up and were yelling for a man inside the home to come outside. Witnesses said two of the men inside came out, started arguing with the men in the lot, when suddenly fifteen to twenty gunshots were exchanged.

None of the residents who witnessed the shooting wanted to be identified, but did say they are lucky that no one was seriously hurt. One resident said he was just about to hit the snooze button on his alarm clock when he heard the shots. "I heard pop pop. It got me out of bed came out my door. Then, I come outside and saw these guys standing outside that trailer with their pistols. Then all of a sudden they started open firing. Then, these guys come out with their weapons to fire back at them", said the resident.

He said when the gunshots erupted, his first thought was of nearby neighbors,"of this innocent child of here, that one year old or two year old that lives right next door to him." Another resident said she was visiting friends at a nearby trailer when she heard the shots. "I dropped my cell phone and everything that I had in my hands, jumped over my fence, ran through my door and grabbed my kids", said the resident.

One resident who lives near where the shootout took place said the last three shots were fired right in front of his home, where his family was sleeping. He and other residents said what made the shootout so terrifying is that the bullets could have gone anywhere and hit anyone. "its terrifying, it really is. It was hard to go to sleep. That night I got four hours of sleep", said one resident.

Police said so far, there have been no arrests. They said they found several shell casings at the crime scene and are speaking with witnesses to the shootout. Police said the three men that were shot were treated at a local hospital for minor injuries. They said although this case is under investigation, the victims have declined to press charges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom