shortened lee enfields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i remember 10yrs or so ago , some one maybe navy arms, was selling shortened #4 mk1 ,no it didn't look like jungle carbine, it looked like regular #4 km1 just shorter,it looked good,still had bayonet lugs on end of barrel,short light and handy , did any one get one??? how did they do conversion??good ??bad?? with bayonet lugs still on end of muzzel it looked like they cut off barrel,and rethreaded it,that would seem unsafe to me .who's got one??

Bushman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a no1 mk3 with the last 1in of rifling worn down from a cleaning rod. I had a friend cut it down to 16in and recrowned. It shoots well out to 250yd but has a hell of a muzzel blast.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im interested in this also , i need the shorter barrel more for a truck gun style, my enfield is no jewel, it has synthetic stock but id like to have a shorter barrel to make it look a lil better as well as fit in the truck better for quick removal if needed

Bushman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I had mine cut down I didn't want to spend the money to have the front sight moved. I just left it off and mounted a red dot over the action.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't know if they still do it, but I had a smith at h&h cut and recrown a custom 1895 mauser down to I think 18". They charged me $60, wanted more till I reminded them of what they quoted me. So I don't often plug h&h, but they are a good source if you ask sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom