Shot this little gun today, not sure what it's good for, but fun to shoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh586_tmcdan6_Cobray.jpg

It's a Cobray double barreled .45Colt/.410 shotgun.

In this video the first two shots are light loads, 15 grains BP, cornmeal filler and a .454 round ball. Next two are full power blackpowder loads, last shot is .410 loaded with blackpowder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MreYaqs3gzU

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't appear to affect the Orange Juice bottle much even with full power .410. Your assessment of not sure what it's good for might be an accurate one.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did'nt think mine was all that powerfull, someone seen me shooting it at the range and it went home with them.

I think the one with the 22 barrel on top of the 410-45 barrel would be kind'a neat.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I inherited one from my father. He bought it new.. but we couldn't figure how to get the safety off. The knotch didn't line up right with the cross bar. So I gave it to my brother. Then the other day, I finally found a dealer that had one in stock and he showed me how one opens. Now I have to try and finagle a way to get it back.

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of these. It is a good tackle and tool box gun. Took mine out to USSA and some of the guys that worked there shot it with me. We were surprised by the passable accuracy of the 45 long colt. We could hit center mass at 20 ft. 410 did ok at about 15 feet. I got mine a year ago on auction arms for $135 plus shipping. I have seen them lower recently.

dbarbee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of those I bought new in the 90's still in the original box with instructions. I agree, it isn't very useful, but it sure is fun to show to people and let them shoot it. :)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One dealer told me he sold a lot of them to folks who live out in the country and carry them on their riding lawn mowers for snakes and such. If you forget and leave them laying on the mower for a day of three ... not much harm done. I guess you could say they are 'crude, but sturdy!'

Latest posts

Top Bottom