Shotgun Hogs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy that used an extra full turkey choke with 3 1/2'' #4 turkey loads. He got with in about 20-25 yards and unleashed on them. He killed 4 before it was all over.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 12 gauge mossy with a rifled barrel and a 2.5 power scope. Shoots sabot slugs. I am confidant with accuracy out to about 125 meters. I have used it on pigs. Never had a shot over 25 meters. Worked fine.

jej

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, Buckshot is not legal in Oklahoma.

But slugs are very effective on a hog provided you stay within range and with an accurage enough shotgun/slug combination.

Any hog I have ever shot with a slug has collapsed in it's tracks. But then it is and Ithaca Mag 10 and "Deerstalker" barrel that I have for that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the life of me, I don't understand why buckshot is illegal in Ok to take game?

I can assure you that 00buck from a model 12 Win is devasting on a human. I don't know what the issue is for a buck....or an armadillo??? Lots of states allow buckshot. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom