Show your tattoo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the one I just got at city Ink last Friday on my ankle....
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

This is the one I got about a month ago at A Different Image on my inside forearm...
[Broken External Image]

All and all, very pleased. The spot by the ankle was a bit more touchy, but tolerable. I say this will be it....

ONB

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here a few of mine

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v124_Chvelle_100_3870.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v124_Chvelle_the_Dual.jpg

atstevenha

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have over 220 hours worth so I would not know where to begin. My entire back is done, both shins, both calves, I am getting a 10 hour piece on my inner thigh of a lithograph artist conception of Bumblebee from transformers. My favorite piece has to be my ship. My great grandfather was a ship builder and painter, and hand painted this ship on a hope chest for my grandmother back in 1942. It even has his signature and the date just as it was on the hope chest.

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1038_1387263921_e2d7b7abb2.jpg

That is a really nice tat, who was your artist.

M_Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai231.photobucket.com_albums_ee157_viper66401_th_IMG00072.jpg

ai231.photobucket.com_albums_ee157_viper66401_th_IMG00071_1.jpg

ai231.photobucket.com_albums_ee157_viper66401_th_IMG00070.jpg

top was just a piece of flash that i liked alot and wanted a crazy demon devil and this was it... got top and bottom in ny

nautical stars on both my shoulders. got em in texas first tatts.

sons name going down arm needs to be gone back over. went to deep or something i dunno.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the one I just got at city Ink last Friday on my ankle
Being a tattoo artist I am always curious as to why people get what they get when they get their art,but also being a professional musician I am curious as to why you chose this piece. Is it music you wrote or music that is dear to you for some reason?
Its cool looking.

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a tattoo artist I am always curious as to why people get what they get when they get their art,but also being a professional musician I am curious as to why you chose this piece. Is it music you wrote or music that is dear to you for some reason?
Its cool looking.

I adore music! It is such a release and pleasure for me. I grew up with a bad childhood and music was what I could count on to escape. I used to lipsync to Pat Benatar records in the mirror.

I also took guitar lessons in Jr. High and did write basic songs, but when my guitar teacher married my sister and moved, that kind of ended it. I have tried to pick it back up over the years, but never stuck with it.

I just love music so much I always carry my ipod with me and my car has about 80 cds or more all the time. Music really is so special to me...it can put me in a better mood just by hearing anything or type of song.

I couldn't think of a better tattoo to get and it's very personal to me. The piece I have isn't really a tune, but just expression of the joy and happiness...

The joke my husband came up with (and I love) is if some one asks, I'll tell them a song based on the person or mood. Today it is Joan Jett's Bad Reputation. A bad day at work - it will be Take this job and shove it, etc....

Thanks for asking! PS - where do you work and do you have a portfolio?

ONB

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'trend'? Maybe it just meant something to the person. I have some on me that is related to the martial arts I study,and is there out of respect,not because of a 'trend'.

I do it on other people on about a weekly basis. Britney Spears getting the wrong kanji on the back of her neck though is funny. I know its hard to believe but alot of people come into our shop for their very first tattoo and just dont know what type of tattoo they want to get. We do great custom work,but alot of them end up going to the flash books any way and about 1 out 10 people get some type of kanji. We try to study and then show the meaning of the characters. But I'm not Asian and while we do try to study and recreate the original brush stroke to make sure the meaning gets shown right some times people pick out characters just because they like the shape. When they pick out random characters then the meaning changes. So who knows what some of it means until an Asian person laughs at it or yells at them. Thats all on them if Asians get offended by what they picked out. Try to explain that 'trendy' bit of tattooing. IMO it shows their stupidity. The comediene Margaret Cho does a funny routine about non Asians getting chinese characters or kanji on them and not knowing what the hell it means.

It drives me crazy with some people getting it. I personally translated mine to the best of my ability and had Rob Scott do it. But for me it is more heritage and a big part of who or what I am. Anyway let me throw a couple of mine up

Mine - Done by Rob Scott (who also did the DTA in old english on my arm) the red and irritation faded of course - this is on the right side of my chest
ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_58_l_55c2d14622aa8861dfc35a3b06c09933.png

crappy quality but this one done by Big Daddys off NW 23rd and I-44 - can see what started off as my Harley band
ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_4_l_5b52dbe057c1492b9653651648ba997f.png

will post others later

Latest posts

Top Bottom