Sig 239 SAS vs. Kahr K9 (yes, my fancy OlYellerized version)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to do this before I let the Kahr go.

I was honestly amazed at how much larger overall the Sig was vs the Kahr.

I haven't shot her yet, but I've always wanted a Sig 239 SAS - its what led to my purchase of the Springer EMP, and probably the Kahr K9, but ultimately, this was the gun for me.

Here's some pics for comparison:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0890.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0891.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0892.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0895.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0897.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0898.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0901.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_239SAS_20vs_20K9_DSCN0903.jpg

I really hate to let that Kahr go, but this thing appears to be worth it so far. Matter of fact, I'm starting to drink the kool-aid all around. If this gun proves to be a good carry gun, I may have to get one for the wife (even though she had her heart set on a J-frame with pink grips).

I'm not ready to give up the G19 yet, but damn if it ain't making me think real hard about why I didn't jump on the Sig bandwagon years ago. Every gun I've shot that was a Sig seems to feel natural, shoot on-target easier and more accurately, and the trigger-pull (yes, even that long D/A first shot on the 226r) seems to be so much smoother than any of the plastic guns I've shot.

Anywho, I've got to find a holster for this 239 since its clearly too big for the Kahr holster.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe no one else thought this thread was worth a comment :zzz:

I shot this 239SAS tonight and all I can say is damn....

It is probably the closest experience I've had to my old Springfield EMP (minus the super-sweet EMP 1911-style trigger and the barrel wasn't quite as accurate as that match-grade bull, but its as close second) and yet it adds a bit more weight and balance than the EMP had.

It is the carry gun I've always wanted. I put a lot of rounds in center-of-mass very quickly with a couple of targets and I was very impressed with the DAK trigger once I figured out how to properly reset it.

I hate the one-stripe rear sight, but I got used to it on the K9, so it isn't that terrible (might replace rear sight with night-sight).

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone is too sad about you having to drop the K9.

Either that, or they're hunting for change in the couch to buy it.

I'd never really looked at the 239SAS before. Man...they really, really don't look like a Sig. Kinda...Bersa-likepleasedon'thitme!

Looks like it would be a smooth handling pistol, though.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I for one am glad he sold that Kahr!! :bolt:

Sweet Sig! I have to admit, I have been hankering for one for a while. I wish I had bought a couple of the 226 when they had them so cheap.:cry11:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread combined with the klunker thread is hard to resist.

Resist, Resist, Resist. :hypnotize:

Sig no longer has the SAS line in their catalog and per Sports World, they are not going to offer it anymore.

So the Klunker thing won't fly. If you look on Gunbroker though, there appears to be an abundance of both this style SAS as well as the Gen 2 (which has the super-short reset trigger).

The gun I got from Talacker is a Gen 1 and yet it still has a nice trigger. I can't imagine what the Gen 2 would be needed for other than the fact that some folks just really don't like the decocker on the side of their gun (I can't imagine that with a trigger-reset much shorter than Gen 1; that it doesn't start to feel like a single-action).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig no longer has the SAS line in their catalog and per Sports World, they are not going to offer it anymore.

So the Klunker thing won't fly. If you look on Gunbroker though, there appears to be an abundance of both this style SAS as well as the Gen 2 (which has the super-short reset trigger).

The gun I got from Talacker is a Gen 1 and yet it still has a nice trigger. I can't imagine what the Gen 2 would be needed for other than the fact that some folks just really don't like the decocker on the side of their gun (I can't imagine that with a trigger-reset much shorter than Gen 1; that it doesn't start to feel like a single-action).
I've had my eye on this little feller for awhile. Hit this link:

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=25&productid=135

Edit to add:
It looks like Sig has no plans to drop the SAS line???

http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsId=34

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Sig 239 SAS several years ago - beautiful gun and shot great. It became a safe queen because it was just so big for how many rounds it carried. I sold it to finance another gun. I might get one later in a configuration that holds more.

Gorgeous gun

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My carry gun is a Sig 239 but its the SA/DA decocker. I jumped from Glock to Sig a few months ago. I carried a G26 for years, found I could shoot the Sig much better so I sold a few Glocks and moved to Sig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom