Sig 516 and 556 news

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig sent me an email today. The 516 uppers are now available in 10" or 16" barrels. Right now they're $948 with free shipping. I guess retail is gonna be $1285.

I opened up a new Patrol Swat yesterday and... They're making some changes... The lower is now PAINTED instead of anodized...(Bad) It doesn't even look like quality paint either. The trigger had a boat load of creep...(bad), it now comes with a metal G.I. magazine...(good).

They have removed all of the side to side rattle/movement from the stocks by putting spacers in the rails of the stock post...(good). They now come with a black case and a black band around the grip. (anyone know what this means?) They seem to be working on the canted/cracked rail problem.(good) and the rail is now numbered.(good....i guess...)

Something interesting... The ones we used to get came in blue cases with a blue band never had numbered rails... all the ones with black bands had them numbered rails... Different plant? I know all these used to be made in the U.S. But i've heard all black case SIGs are made overseas... hmmm...

Latest posts

Top Bottom