Sig Forward Sling Attachment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to become friends with me. i've got land and I'm always looking for someone to go out with me so it's not so boring by myself.

I'll be your friend!! My buddy Zombie Killer just recently bought one of those too..We both have been dieing to find some place private to shoot his and my M4.

By the way, that Sig is a sweet shooter!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchase a Sig Sauer 556. Love it.
The problem is the front sling attachment (hook ring). I am really wanting to use a standard sling that attaches to the front using a hook ring adaptor. I have seen the H&K model that is available, but I would really prefer using a polymer style that won't scratch up the metal ring on the rifle. Any suggestions?

Go get some heat-shrink and put it on your metal sling-hook and get a hair-dryer out...

Problem solved.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go get some heat-shrink and put it on your metal sling-hook and get a hair-dryer out...

Problem solved.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think heat shrink will stand up to the two pieces rubbing together. Somebody told me about a liquid that you could "dip" into that will provide a coating similar to plier handles. This might hold up better, but I have never seen this product before.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plasti Dip is the main brand you see for that kind of stuff. Usually around $10 and up for a can. I don't know the last time I've seen any, though. Ace Hardware carries it online, so you could get it shipped for free to any of their stores. It seems that the default color now is yellow, where it used to be red. This kit lets you mix your own color.

It takes multiple dips of the stuff to get a tough surface. I haven't seen the sling point on the SIGs, so I can't say whether it'd get thick enough to interfere with proper sling operation.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it on the rifle. I was thinking of coating the snaphook adaptor that you see on many slings. Yellow wouldn't be my choice, but I have seen elastic fabric covers for the snaphook adaptors. I know someone that works at Ace, I'll have to ask about the product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom