SIG P226 - Tactical Operations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one. Anyone out there with one have any feedback. I'm considering 357SIG, or 40S&W, since I don't have either. Would fill the caliber gap between my 9mm and 45ACP.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the older version (the Blackwater Tactical) as well as the Combat Threaded Barrel.

Do yourself a favor if you want to shoot the gun regularly and get 9mm. I bought an HK Custom Combat in .40 and regretted it since I liked to shoot it a lot.

I love the Blackwater and Combat (but eventually combined them into a franken gun - frame/barrel of the CombatTB and slide/grips/mags of the Blackwater):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Sigs_DSCN0976.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Sigs_DSCN0973.jpg

Here's the leftover parts (Combat Slide/grips/mags and blackwater frame/barrel):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Sigs_DSCN0971.jpg

This is my beater gun - I've gone all the way to 800rds without cleaning it and no malfunctions other than the slide not locking back on last round (to be fair, the place I shoot has a lot of sand and I dropped the mags in it doing mag-change drills a lot - there was a ton of sand in each mag and a dead spider in one of them).

I'd stake my life on either of my Sigs.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice guns EZ Bake. If I go with a 9mm I would probably sell my XDM 9mm, which I really like. That's why I was looking at 357sig or 40. I do like metal guns a lot better than plastic though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice guns EZ Bake. If I go with a 9mm I would probably sell my XDM 9mm, which I really like. That's why I was looking at 357sig or 40. I do like metal guns a lot better than plastic though.

Nothing wrong with having more than one 9mm. I used to own a bunch of different calibers, but for me - I wasn't shooting them all when ammo started to climb in price. I've started shooting my guns a lot more in life and I still don't reload, so my choice was to go with the cheapest caliber I could go with to get the most out of all my guns.

Don't get me wrong, I still want another 1911 (just because), and I've got a J-frame in .38 (everyone needs one), but other than those calibers (counting 9mm), I've only got .22, .223, and .308.

Makes for easy ammo stock-piling :D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tac ops grip is a little different, it has the short reset triger 60% less travel for reset. and the fiber optic front sites help me.

My Blackwater Tactical has the SRT, and Fiber front sight (I thought all of them did). I didn't think that the Tac Ops had Sig's new Enhanced grip, so what specifically are you talking about?

Latest posts

Top Bottom