Sig p239

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the sig p239 in 9mm? What are your general impressions of it? How is it for cc? What would be a good price for a used one in very good condition?

Thanks for your input.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 9M 239 is my carry gun. I found a good deal on a used one for $450. I added a set of night sights and it was good to go. I carry it in a Milt Sparks VM2. Good Luck!:thumb:

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 9M 239 is my carry gun.
+1 I added some hogue grips to mine. I tried numerous holsters to include the VM2. My favorite that I still use is the MTac from Comp-Tac. I bought mine new from Outdoor America on MacArthur for about a $100 cheaper then H&H. If you were to buy a used one I would just look to see what they go for on Gunbroker.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sacrificed a Kahr K9 (with a bit of gunsmithing done to it) to get a 239 SAS in 9mm. I'm honestly happy (even though I miss my Kahr - this thing is probably twice the gun the Kahr was).

Here's a size-comparison:

http://okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65494&highlight=kahr

Its not as thin as the Kahr - and it a little taller/longer, but it handles super-sweet and the trigger (I've got a DAK) is pretty nice in either config.

If you don't want a DAK trigger, you have to get used to double-action first trigger pull and single-action for the next 8-9rds. I don't mind either configuration (DAK takes a little getting used to over standard D/A).

The wooden grips on the older SAS models are too thick honestly, but I'm used to them, and chicks really dig them :thumb: Get some Hogues if you want a better feel.

The mags are super-thick metal - the feed-lips do not seem to malform or separate like normal single-stack mags do (the Kahr's mags were a good example - 1911 mags are another good example).

The accuracy is above any other CCW gun I've owned except for the Springfield EMP - it was probably the most accurate sub-compact weapon I've ever fired, but this one is a close second.

Controls are in a natural place for me - I've got medium/small hands, so take that into consideration. The gun shoots flawlessly for me - its very accurate and mag-changes, slide-cycling, clearing malfunctions, etc... are all very easy and quickly executed.

I'm honestly convinced that this one is a definite keeper and its now my primary carry piece.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 239-9. It's a plain jane model with Crimson Trace grips addded. My one complaint it the weight vs. magazine capacity; otherwise, I'm completely happy with it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 239-9. It's a plain jane model with Crimson Trace grips addded. My one complaint it the weight vs. magazine capacity; otherwise, I'm completely happy with it.

I'll add that the reason I went with the Kahr K9 over the P9 was the weight created by the steel-frame. The Sig is heavier than the K9, but I actually prefer a slightly more heavy carry platform for my regular carry piece. I like a lightweight J-frame for ultra-light carry, but the 239 is definitely not in that category.

Fitz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a P239 and loves it. He let me shoot it one day at the range and I thought it was great. His is in 357Sig and he also purchased a .40 barrel for it.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my brother carries a 239 in 40 s&w, i had one years ago but it was a double action only and i dident like it, i shot my brothers and loved it, i was trying to trade for one a couple of weeks ago but couldent find anyone that would trade, i will probably end up with a 357 sig 239 at some point again, excellent quality gun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom