SiGArmed's Tinkerings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went the cheaper route and just bought one, although not a classic or a Road Runner, but it is a Mopar. I'm a better wrench turner in my head than I am under the car.
Good luck, it's all worth it if you think it is, which is what matters.

Attachments

• 20230527_142613.jpg
    20230527_142613.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What color is inside the engine bay under the hood? MOPAR always shot their bay the same color as the car unlike Ford and GM shooting it black.
Every Ford I've ever owned was body color under the hood, 60's, 70's and 80's broncos and f100's anyway. Almost sure my parent's 70' fastback mustang was the same, white everywhere.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went the cheaper route and just bought one, although not a classic or a Road Runner, but it is a Mopar. I'm a better wrench turner in my head than I am under the car.
Good luck, it's all worth it if you think it is, which is what matters.
I heard 23' is the last year of the Challenger and Charger, that true?

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What color is inside the engine bay under the hood? MOPAR always shot their bay the same color as the car unlike Ford and GM shooting it black.

Pretty much none of the engine bay paint survived. Im mostly basing my guess on the better paint in the interior/door jams. Plymouth had “recommended” colors of interior to go with the color of the car, although you could pretty much order what you wanted. So going off of all that is how I arrived at my best guess. Not a bad color imo. Although I really like white or the metallic teal they had. I REALLY like the idea of white with the big PLYMOUTH decal on the rear quarters lol.

Yeah it’ll be some $$$ to fix up but that’s okay, it’s a long term project for me. Not trying to get it going in 2 weeks lol. Mostly focused on things that will get it on the road safely and reliably. New gas tank, brake lines, stuff like that.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard 23' is the last year of the Challenger and Charger, that true?
From what I have been able to gather, the car lines will continue, but they are retiring the HEMI engine and going forward they will come with the new 392 (485HP) engine. I think there will also be an electric version at some point. They probably were forced to do this to reach mandated EPA fleet mileage standards. Dodge is still advertising them which makes me think they will continue on in some version. I don't know if there will be any gap in year models until the new versions are available.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Growing up my dad had a ‘69 roadrunner with a built 440/auto/4.10 gears. Was an absolute beast. The SOB sold it one year before I got my drivers license lol

Good luck on your project. Glad to see people restoring these pieces of history

Latest posts

Top Bottom