Silent .22lr Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to shoot Super Colibris out of my old Rem. Model 12 pump (just saying) they only clear the long barrel 1/2 the time but are wisper quiet. They always clear the 10/22T but of course won't cycle. They are too loud for my backyard out of my Ruger Mk1.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to shoot Super Colibris out of my old Rem. Model 12 pump (just saying) they only clear the long barrel 1/2 the time but are wisper quiet. They always clear the 10/22T but of course won't cycle. They are too loud for my backyard out of my Ruger Mk1.
Or, you can get a 10" Gvt MkII, and tinker with the springs, and its just right...:hey3:
Top MkII here.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had stupendous luck with a 129 dollar cricket single action bolt rifle shooting the super colibri's and the regular ones. Sound like a pellet gun. Always clear the barrel, never once had a misfire.

The squirrels around my backyard tremble with fear at the mere mention of my name ;)

airborne.ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Walther P-22 functions flawlessly using Winchester subsonic ammunition with or without the Yankee Hill Machine Mite suppressor installed. However, it is real particular about being properly lubricated.

Reaction score
Quiet: CB longs or other subsonics from a long-barreled .22lr rifle, like a 26" CZ 452 Luxe.

Quieter: Same (subsonics), with suppressor (but any bbl length - but longer the better)

Quietest: Aguila Super Colibri and Colibri .22lr. Shooting Super Colibris in the Luxe is super quiet and pumps out 20 gr @ about 500 fps.

.22 mag, not very quiet in any form, but still quieter than a centerfire.

In my experience, super colibris always clear, even 24" and 26" bbls. But regular Colibris will sometimes get stuck in bbls over 18-20".

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't notice much volume difference at all between high velocity and subsonics when shooting them in my .22 revolver. I think the design of a revolver just defeats the purpose.

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom