Silver Bear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot tons of the Wolf polymer coated stuff through my AR, no problems. Anyone ever shot the zinc coated Silver Bear? Thoughts, comments?

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i never had a problem with it cycling but i got better shot groups out of brown bear. even shooting out of my remington 700 the groups were better with brown bear.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I had my AR, I fed it a constant diet of Silver Bear stuff. About 500 rounds (+/-) of it. It ate it up just fine.

However...

When I first got my AR, I had 100 rounds of Silver Bear and 20 rounds of Remington UMC. After about 60 rounds of Silver Bear, I loaded up a mag of the Remington UMC stuff and I had a couple of FTF issues. I still don't know why. :scratch:

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything special when it comes to cleaning after shooting the zinc coated stuff? After each session I give my AR a cleaning. (it's therapy, but only y'all would understand that!)

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought some 30-06 Silver Bear a few years ago that broke a Ruger 77 MK II bolt action rifle. Showed signs of extreme pressure. No more for me. CB

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like their .223, ran fine out of several AR rifles. Sure wish I had a bunc more of it for the price we were paying back then. In fact, a friend was hitting a paint can at 200+ out of a Noveske Diplomat upper (Aimpoint).

Latest posts

Top Bottom