Single Actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USFA makes a nice SAA. They have a huge price range but the Rodeo model is fairly reasonable. At one time I bought a new Colt SAA. I intended to shoot it but it was the only gun I ever owned that I could not bring myself to shoot. It set in my safe for about a year and I finally sold it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since your not getting into SASS there's no need to really be looking for a SAA clone. Most do not have a transfer bar safety, meaning you load five an hammer sits on a empty chamber. With all the Rugers, except the three screw frame, you load six and holster six.

I love the older Colt's and most of their replica's, but for strength, reliabilty, I'll go Ruger every time!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several and I think for the difference in price I'd stick with the ruger.
A little higher price and a lot better quality.
I bought a Vaquero off one of the board members for a really decent price.
It was the short barreled with the birdshead grip (Thanks Shotty).
Now any time my mod92src comes out the ruger does also.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About a year ago I got a Ruger Blackhawk convertible .45 and my dad got the convertible .357. They are great! All calibers have been extremely accurate out of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom