Single Actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since your not getting into SASS there's no need to really be looking for a SAA clone. Most do not have a transfer bar safety, meaning you load five an hammer sits on a empty chamber. With all the Rugers, except the three screw frame, you load six and holster six.

I love the older Colt's and most of their replica's, but for strength, reliabilty, I'll go Ruger every time!!

Ruger Blackhawks are almost indestructible, I have a buddy that has run some handloads through his that WERE NOT on the charts. Though I don't recommend doing this, I have seen him litteraly abuse his, and it has held up better than I ever thought it would. I have seen him fire rounds so hot that they had to be drove out of the cylinder. He is still shooting it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were looking at anything besides a magnum I won't be too concerned.
But I think the little added beef of a ruger will keep you out of trouble.

Like I said I've had several and liked them all. But if I was looking at making a one time purchase I would go with something that will outlast me.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it took me a good long while, a lot of thinking, a lot of shopping, and a lot of waiting. But today I just popped into the pawn shop for S's & G's and low and behold, there was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357! Decent price. And I talked him down a bit ended up paying 370 and got a free beer coozie with the pawn shops name and some guns on it. Patience paid off. Thank you all for your help!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it took me a good long while, a lot of thinking, a lot of shopping, and a lot of waiting. But today I just popped into the pawn shop for S's & G's and low and behold, there was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357! Decent price. And I talked him down a bit ended up paying 370 and got a free beer coozie with the pawn shops name and some guns on it. Patience paid off. Thank you all for your help!

I think you did just fine on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom