Lautenberg amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on your past situation. Sometimes there are time limits which may allow pardon procedures, etc that can have past problems removed from prohibiting you owning firearms. Lots of things depend on other things, but it might be worth talking with an attorney knowledgeable of firearm legalities stuff both state and federal. Might take jumping through some hoops, but might worth while looking into long term.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DoubleD, good point.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-gun-control-act-definitions-0#:~:text=The term “Antique Firearm” means,subparagraph (A) if such replica

So is an 1873 Springfield Trapdoor considered an antique according to the GCA? The ignition system is a primer and the ammo is readily available.
Look closely at that definition.

A Trapdoor made in or before 1898 is an antique. A replica Trapdoor made after 1898 using conventional ammunition is not.

This is an excellent example why legal interpretations should be left up the lawyers-and even they disagree.

Never get your legal advice on the internet.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your best bet is to talk with a lawyer that is firearms knowledgeable in the state that the situation of your youth was created to find out if it can be expunged. Short and sweet a dealer doesn’t have to take the pre/post 1894/99 as word and can put anything that takes a self-contained cartridge on the books. For a lot of dealers they find it is easier and don’t worry about it, just like many won’t take a C&R lic from an individual…their prerogative.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my experience, most people working at a gun counter don't know their arsehole from their elbow. (Looking at you, guy at Bass Pro who threatened to call the cops on me for "brandishing" when I asked the manager if I could try some holsters for the pistol I bought 5 minutes before and he said it was cool.) Contact a lawyer, anyone can play one online, but actual legal advice should come from someone who has passed the bar exam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom