Sisters first bow kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I took my sister bow hunting last night, I took the video camera and a extra stand and set it above her.. About 4:15, four does came down the trail at 18 yards.. for some reason on their way in she said "stop them for me when they get close", I said ok and let them come in, the first in line was a tiny fawn, she let it pass and waited on the other bigger ones.. They get to about 20 yards and I stopped them, she's already at full draw, only problem is they stop behind some tree limbs, from my angle she had a clear shot, well they took off and went back the way they came from.. I thought our trip was ruined...
Not 5 minutes later here came two more down the same trail running to the wheat that was about 100 yards behind us.. I said this time you stop them in your shooting lane.. the first one came in and she stopped her at 18 yards and released the arrow.. They both took off and stopped about 50 yards to look back at us.. The one she shot started to fall in sight and tipped over just out of our view.. Her shot was perfect..

this was her first deer to ever shoot at with a bow, she just got this bow back in July and practiced a lot with it in the summer time.. I'm really proud of her, and getting it all on film was a great bonus..

She was shooting a Hoyt Vixen with gold tip arrows tipped with 100 grain muzzys.. She's pulling right at 40 pounds and it blew through her like butter..

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_IMG_1751.jpg

Her shot placement
ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_IMG_1753.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom