Skeeters....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a bunch of mosquito dunks and throw them in the water.

What I came here to post. I know you can buy them from farm-type stores. I'm all about supporting small businesses, and although I have no idea where Washita County is, I'll suggest Bethany Country Store. They've historically had them.

Also, horse fly spray. The cheap stuff is fine. I douse my horses, their fly sheets, fly masks, etc. in the stuff. If you're working, there's also sweat-proof. It helps with all things flying. It doesn't seem to do anything for ticks though, if you're working outside much.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I came here to post. I know you can buy them from farm-type stores. I'm all about supporting small businesses, and although I have no idea where Washita County is, I'll suggest Bethany Country Store. They've historically had them.

Also, horse fly spray. The cheap stuff is fine. I douse my horses, their fly sheets, fly masks, etc. in the stuff. If you're working, there's also sweat-proof. It helps with all things flying. It doesn't seem to do anything for ticks though, if you're working outside much.

Bethany is ~100 mile drive east of me, but I'm sure I can find something at the co-op if I get the time later this week. Thanks all!

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
acache3.smarthome.com_images_61700big.jpg

http://cache3.smarthome.com/images/61700big.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it's worth... I had allergy problems every time the wind blew until I started taking vitamins...

OK, you have to let us in on this secret. You could market your solution for allergies to make a go-zillion $$$$ and then just pay off the skeeters to feed on ignernt instead of you.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, you have to let us in on this secret. You could market your solution for allergies to make a go-zillion $$$$ and then just pay off the skeeters to feed on ignernt instead of you.

Seriously... all I take is One-a-Day for Men, Vitamin B Complex, Fish Oil, and at least 1500mg of Vitamin C. Doctor says "allergies change"... I say I quit taking vitamins for 2 weeks and the next time we got a strong north wind I was begging for Allegra and Nyquil. I went back to my vitamins and haven't had a problem since. Used to fill my prescription allergy meds every three months and haven't filled one in nearly two years.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously... all I take is One-a-Day for Men, Vitamin B Complex, Fish Oil, and at least 1500mg of Vitamin C. Doctor says "allergies change"... I say I quit taking vitamins for 2 weeks and the next time we got a strong north wind I was begging for Allegra and Nyquil. I went back to my vitamins and haven't had a problem since. Used to fill my prescription allergy meds every three months and haven't filled one in nearly two years.

Hey VM, I'm gonna try that! I sneeze at everything!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm going to give it a shot too. I have noticed that as I've aged, my allegies have become less prevalent but I still get killed by them every now and then. I used to pop an Allegra-D every day until my insurance got worse and they ended up costing me $3 apiece.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of bugs, someone mentioned ticks. We've recently moved into an area where we have ticks, and I suspect, chiggers as well. We've a small yard to deal with, so are there any suggestions as to what to do to eliminate those two buggers?

We have that same situation in Osage county where we live in the sticks. The Spectracide granuals you can get at wallyworld have worked for us, many years now. No chiggers, and even the dogs don't get ticks. I put it on twice the recomended rate, as it also kills the worms and grubs in the ground, which makes our yard unfriendly to moles.

One application lasts all summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom