What's your experience with the Hornady bushing sizer die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never used one. I have Foresters for my 6.5 and .308, but they don't make one in .300 PRC that I'm aware of.

Set up seems straight forward. I want
001"-002" neck tension and bump my shoulders back .002"-.003".

Are the bushings true to size? They recommend getting the one you need and one up and down. Seems like a waste of 50 bucks in bushings I may not need?

Thanks in advance OSA

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching videos throughout the day and decided on the Redding Type S Die. Appreciate the feedback

Went with the S FL size bushing die from Redding, Short Action Customs bushing and an RCBS Matchmaster seating die. I have zero room with my Hornady press and that RCBS looks slick.

Last edited:

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without personal experience; I think it's hard to beat the SAC bushings. They're pricey, but I've yet to come across anyone who regrets their purchase.

I'm probably going to start looking into a bushing die to experiment with on setting neck tension. My whole life I've only used FL dies, and just bump the shoulder .002-.003.

However, after getting a set of Forester dies that just have way too much tension on virgin brass after the expander ball did its thing, I started using a Sinclair expander mandrel. It is a separate step in the process, but gets me the neck tension I want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom